Re: E-M:/ Surprise Garbage Inspections at Border

Enviro-Mich message from Jrenning@aol.com

Grant
I guess your in the same position as the families that stand by waiting. Your
either hardening over so you can stand the pain, and pressure, or you feel
the same way as I do. But are helpless to do anything about it.
So much of our Michigan Government structure is singular. For instance, I've
seen many articles where the MDNR has made a recommendation, and citizens
have pleaded, but one person at the top, the top decision maker, the top
protector, has seen fit to make a decision contradictory to everyone else.
Sends a terror down my spine every time Grant.
I am sad more than angry about the happenings in NY. I am sad that the human
race has not stepped up to the plate to be the care takers of this world. I
am sad that any of us can behave this way. A handful represent the potential
terror in all of us. I ma sad that we may act the same way in retaliation.
Without regard for life, especially innocent life. Yet justice must be done,
on that I hope we agree.
I also feel in all situations that there is a balance that occurs. I think
some very good and positive things will come from this way too costly
disaster. The people of NY are hugging each other. It may be temporary, it
may start a change. We humans are intelligent, we can make change or revert
to our laziest form.
I am praying that you and other significant representatives will see the need
for change. The need to work together with the citizens willing to spend so
much time and energy as we do, without any compensation. Sorry, we would be
compensated beyond money. Clean air, water, and earth, would be not only our
reward, but our duty, and our right. We will have to give up some things. We
may have to arrive earlier, stand in line longer. But we will feel and be
safer. We may have to work side by side with the same person we argued with
yesterday. But today is new and the vision has changed somehow, and we can
respond by all working together.
Grant, I see a lot of similarities, as I have expressed. Are you ever fed up
with the PROTECTION AGENCY? They bring terror to my heart. I hope your next
answer is longer than "why does your response not surprise me." I had hoped
for a little more passion.
This weeks disaster should bring out our passion here in Michigan, and in our
daily lives. The whole world is effected by the actions of just a few people.
The same can be said about the actions of our government. This is not just
about NY and it is not just about flying or tall buildings. It is about how
we see this earth and attempt to figure out how to coexist, and what are
responsibilities are.
Will we be judged for our action on earth? I think we try not to think about
it.
Jerry Renning
<<
 Enviro-Mich message from "Grant Trigger" <GTrigger@honigman.com>

 Why does your response not surprise me......