E-M:/ Foes: Golf course would tarnish Indian legend - Hilt's Landing

Enviro-Mich message from HAMILTREEF@aol.com

Hilt's Landing Nature Area (Burying Ground Point)

The Muskegon County Commissioners (Ways & Means Committee) met at city
chambers of Whitehall, 9/18/01.  I brought with me two pages of "An
Aboriginal Spot" written by Fred Norman in 1898.  Whitehall Mayor Norm Ullman
made copies to hand to audience and the commissioners.  I also brought
several panoramic photos linked together showing the beautiful river site.  I
then presented a history of the White River Watershed work and project plans
to stabilize erosion.

The commissioners had no idea of what the site really looked like, the
history of the site, or the sincere passion the northern half of Muskegon
County has for preserving the only county owned public access to the White
River.  Until recently the commissioners only heard from the county
administrator, developers, and dollar signs.  The meeting went well.  We
thank everyone for their support.
Tom Hamilton, White River Watershed

Golf course would tarnish Indian legend
http://mu.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/20010919mgolfcoursemnewm.frm