E-M:/ RE: / Ingham County Water Report on PEER

Enviro-Mich message from "McKenna, Brian" <mckennab@STARR.ORG>

Dear EMers,

I am very disappointed that the Ingham County Health department would commit
a bold faced lie about the PEER publication. You can consult with any member
of the Ingham County Environmental Health Roundtable (except for Health
Department representatives, Dr. Glandon and Bob Godbold) about the fact that
the text of the report is EXACTLY as it was on August 28, 2001 (except for
errata, editor' s notes and many of the photographs. . .taken because the $
2-3,000 worth of graphic arts were unavailable (please ask Dave Dempsey for
his final draft copy for proof).

For them to claim otherwise is not only foolish, but another form of
arrogance that I had to contend with while there (more on this later). The
claim is easily dispelled.

I am also disappointed that the Health Department employs Mr. Cheatham to
deliver this message. Marcus was once a close friend and big supporter who
admitted to me that the report was suppressed and advised me to keep quiet
about it, or post it on a generic website that he would construct for me.
Once again the administration is pre-occupied with divide and conquer
techniques (pulling Dr. Cheatham, an incredibly gifted health analyst)
against me. They remain in the shadows.

The Health Department behaved very badly in suppressing the report (and me),
and if justice were done, the perps would all be fired.

In Solidarity,

Brian McKenna, Ph.D.
Public Citizen
Environmentalist