E-M:/ South Fox Island: AP stories and last month's op-ed piece from Free Press

Enviro-Mich message from "Upton, Brian" <BUPTON@mail.gtbindians.com>

The AP stories on South Fox Island were picked up by the Detroit Free Press:

The Associated Press has run a couple of articles by John Flesher on the
proposed South Fox Island land exchange.  Below are links to the articles as
they appeared in last Saturday's Detroit Free Press.  The Sunday Lansing
State Journal ran the main story article.

main story: http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw41378_20010922.htm

sidebar on South Fox Indian issues:
http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw41379_20010922.htm

South Fox at a glance:
http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw41380_20010922.htm

Also, I don't recall this being posted on the E-M listserve, so I am
attaching a link to an op-ed piece which ran in the Free Press in early
August.  It's written by Keith Schneider of the Michigan Land Use Institute,
and it's a good piece on the Engler administration's environmental record.
South Fox is among the topics addressed:

http://www.freep.com/voices/columnists/ekeith3_20010803.htm