E-M:/ Entire House-passed energy scheme added to disaster aid bill

Enviro-Mich message from Terry Lodge <tjlodge50@yahoo.com>

   Folks, the entire, mostly-Bush admin energy package
has been proposed as an "amendment" to the
$40,000,000,000 disaster assistance legislation being
considered by the Senate. The aim is to sneak the Bush
plan in under cover of the up-or-down vote on the
disaster assistance bill.

   The House-passed energy bill must be given a great
deal more scrutiny than this; it authorizes drilling
in the ANWR and subsidies to a new generation of
nuclear power reactors. Michigan's own Spencer
Abraham, U.S. Secretary of Energy, has been stumping
for the energy bill for months, criss-crossing the
country.

   Here in Ohio, we're stuck with two Republican
senators who've long since come out in favor of the
Bush energy proposals. In Michigan, you can still act
against this wholly antidemocratic ruse.

    Terry Lodge