Re: E-M:/ LIVESTOCK FACTORY POLLUTION SECRECY BILL IN HOUSE COMMITTEE NEXT T...

In a message dated 09/30/2001 6:08:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sjulian@provide.net writes:

Putting aside the question of paying landowners for set-aside buffer
strips and the like (actions that they should be doing anyway to protect water
quality)

No, let's not put aside the question!  Just as we all have a stake in water quality, we all have a stake in agriculture.  Collectively, our government helps fund activities that benefit all of us.  There needs to be multiple tools and resources for society to accomplish both.  CREP can put actions on the ground.  I'm not sure I care which agency does it, as long as it is done responsibly (and this is not intended to elicit a response :>)  )  Let's get as many tools in place as we can.  It will take multiple pockebooks.
Regards,
Chuck Cubbage