Re: E-M:/ Lady Beetles

Enviro-Mich message from Ishgooda <ishgooda@voyager.net>

They are an Asian look alike (no spots, however) for the more familiar Lady Bug.  They were introduced in to Louisiana a few years ago to eat the overabundance of aphids which were eating crops.  without natural predators, the newly introduced carnivores are eating their way through the midwest to the east coast.
Got five them in my bed room last night and another which is presently out of sight at the ,moment.
Ontario is also infested, and questions about them have come in from as far south as TN.
Ish