Re: E-M:/ Lady Beetles

Enviro-Mich message from Evans <imagine@bignetnorth.net>

Also, to make matters worse, they reproduce at a high rate and because they don't
have a natural predator, there's nothing to keep their numbers in control.
When we were in Kalamazoo there would be thousands of them on the outside of the
house.  It's even worse the farther south you go.  A friend just got back from
Ohio and said she would go outside and there would be swarms of them everywhere.
That's what happens when we introduce non-native species (insect, plant or
animal).  The native species get choked out and the non-native become totally
invasive.  You think we'd learn.          ~Monica