Re: E-M:/ Re: Lady Beetles

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@umich.edu>

> So, for me, this infestation has gone beyond a mere inconvenience.  Just
> what my poor horses need in this swampland we call southern Michigan, is
> one more biting pest driving them to distraction.
>
> Wendy Tobler

Please, no disparaging remarks about "swampland"!  Swamps, and other
wetlands, have been decimated in Michigan, and continue to be paved over,
filled in, built on, and otherwise destroyed, even though they are
essential parts of the state's ecosystem.  If people don't want to put up
with the insects in swamps, then they shouldn't build in swamps.  You'd
think we'd have learned that by now, too.

	--Barb Madsen