Re: E-M:/Lady Beetles/Invasives/Swamps/Overpopulation

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

In a message dated 10/22/01 11:08:15 AM, wtobler@tdi.net writes:

<< True enough, although that would leave most of southeast Michigan
uninhabited by homo sapiens which is, admittedly, an entirely appealing
thought. >>

Correction.  For ten thousand years, there were plenty of homo sapiens living
in the region now known as southeast Michigan.  This penchant for destroying
our natural world is a relatively new phenomenon...and, yes, related to our
overpopulation as a species.  Hmmm...isn't it odd that "deer overpopulation"
is spoken of matter-of-factly, yet "human overpopulation" still isn't even
addressed as a serious issue?

Sorry, Alex.  Do we digress?

Jack