Re: E-M:/ Re: Lady Beetles -- Some are Asians -- All are Good

Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <WilliamTobler@CrittersWoods.org>

I guess it all depends on what you call "bite".  At the following website,
http://www.pestproducts.com/ladybugs.htm
they say "Ladybugs do not feed on people, although they will occasionally
pinch exposed skin."

I wonder if I can use that argument if my dog ever nibbles on someone.  (Of
course, he won't.  He's a good dog.)

I'm also wary of arguments that say that the asian ladybugs don't eat fruit.
Most authorities will tell you that moles don't eat seeds (and that it is
voles reusing their tunnels that are eating the seeds).  After having lost
95% (about 1000' of row) of my sweet corn crop in mole tunnels, I caught an
Eastern Mole and proved that corn seed was a welcome part of his diet.  This
became such a problem for us, that we now presprout our corn so that the
plants are up and growing before the moles can discover the rows.
Bill