E-M:/ Anne Woiwode presentation in TC

Michigan's Forests:  They Deserve a Second Chance
Anne Woiwode, director of the Mackinac Chapter of the Sierra Club will give a presentation at the Traverse Group of the Sierra Club's October General Membership Meeting on Saturday, October 27 1-3pm at the Traverse City District Library:  610 Woodmere Avenue in Traverse City.  The public is welcome and encouraged to come.
When timber barons cut their way across Michigan leaving virtually no tree standing, an astonishingly rich and diverse forest was lost for many future generations.  Today, we have an opportunity no previous generation has ever had--we can choose to take steps to restore those magnificent forests, at least in part.  The program will discuss the background, the challenges and the exciting opportunities to come if we choose to give Michigan's Great Forests a Second Chance.