E-M:/ State senator: Slant drilling 'dead in Michigan'

Enviro-Mich message from HAMILTREEF@aol.com

>From the Holland Sentenial article, 'Drilling for oil and gas under the Great
Lakes will eventually be prohibited, if state Sen. Leon Stille has anything
to say about it.'

I'll believe it when I see it, however, even if drilling is eventually banned
(state or national laws) the state could still end up paying big money to the
governor's oil buddies.  One plan floating around is to have the governor's
DNR yes boy, KL Cool, get the NRC to lease out the rights to drill as soon as
possible before any laws are passed prohibiting drilling.  Then when the laws
are passed for no drilling, the governor can say it was too bad that the
state had to pay millions to his campaign contributors for the damages.

Remember how well the plan worked for the Nordhouse dunes?  The oil companies
just love it when they can collect $93 M for doing no drilling work.  This
keeps the governor smiling.