Re: E-M:/ Anti Great Lakes Diversion Billboards

At 11:34 AM 10/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>
>
>A buddy of mine caught a glimpse of a billboard on
>Westbound I-96 by the Livingston/Ingham county line
>that talked about CA, UT, NM and TX wanting to
>"suck" water from the Great Lakes.
>
>Anybody have any details about the billboard buy
>and whose doing it?

Hugh McDiarmid, Jr., Detroit Free Press reporter,
(whose father used to be the long-time political
columnist for the DFP)
replied to me privately noting his article in
Monday's Detroit Free Press stating that
the billboards were sponsored by Citizens for
Michigan's Future, a group stated by State Sen.
Ken Sikkema......

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com