E-M:/ Nov. 7 Public Meetings on Widening M-59 in Livingston County

Passing on this MDOT press release...

For Immediate Release: November 1, 2001

Contact: Kari Debnar Office of Communications 517-780-7510
                E-Mail:  Debnark@mdot.state.mi.us
          Jose Lopez  Project Planning 517-373-9534
                E-Mail:  lopezj@mdot.state.mi.us

Public Meeting scheduled regarding widening M-59 in Livingston County
Meeting on Nov. 7 to present information, gather input from residents

What:           The first in a series of public open houses to discuss the M-59 widening study in Livingston County between I-96 and US-23.

Who:            MDOT and its consultant
                General public

When:   Wednesday, Nov.7, 2001
                3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
                7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Where:  Oceola Township Hall Board Room
                1577 N. Latson Road, Howell

Background:     The Michigan Department of Transportation is hosting the first in a series of public meetings to gather comments on improvements to M-59 between I-96 and US-23 near Howell.

MDOT has hired a consultant to review alternatives and recommend improvements along the corridor. The study will address future capacity, operational and geometrical needs, as well as any environmental and social impacts associated with future improvements. Local communities and MDOT have been working since 1995 to preserve right-of-way for future improvements.

Identical information will be presented at the afternoon and evening sessions. The public is invited to stop by anytime during those hours to share their comments with the M-59 study team.

###

University