E-M:/ Green Building information

Enviro-Mich message from Tom & Anne Woiwode <woiwode@voyager.net>

I received this information from another list I am on, and thought
Michiganders would be interested as well. Reducing our own energy
consumption is an essential complement to moving away from energy policies
that harm the environment.  AW

GREEN BUILDING WEBSITE
        http://www.moea.state.mn.us/greenbuilding/index.cfm
                The OEA's green building program strives to help communities
find creative environmental building solutions that are
economically viable and meet social needs. This month the
program added a wide range of useful information about green
building onto the OEA web site, under the headings of:
*       Getting Started
*       Design Guidelines
*       Specifications and Rating Systems
*       Building Products and Materials
*       Case Studies
*       Resources for Schools -- quite extensive resources here
                Material will continue to be expanded and additional pages
will be
added soon. Some of the material and OEA's staff assistance will
provide technical assistance to state and local public institutions
that aim to restructure their standard building procedures by
integrating sustainable design.
                For more information, contact Laura Millberg of the OEA at
651/296-3417 or 800/657-3843 or by e-
mailto:laura.millberg@moea.state.mn.us