E-M:/ Hunting Preserves

Enviro-Mich message from "Aretta Schils" <squaw@provide.net>

I hope this comes under enviro-mich guidelines for posting.

Because of Cabela's existing near us, we have a rash of "hunting preserves"
wanting to cash in on the side business from them.  I don't know why they
would call them preserves when they are actually killing the birds.

For those not acquainted with these, if you want to hunt a pheasant, you
call them, make an appointment and tell them how many birds you want, they
go buy them, bring them to the property and you get to shoot them if you get
them before they get off the property.  If you miss, you are allowed to
track them with your dog but must stay on the "hunting preserve".

We keep getting told that the "preserves" come under the "Right to Farm Act"
and therefore do not have to have local approval.  Could someone out there
please explain how this can possibly fall under the Right to Farm Act?

Thanks
Aretta