Re: E-M:/ Hunting Preserves

Enviro-Mich message from William Tobler <williamtobler@critterswoods.org>

Thanks Pamela. After skimming thru 34 pages of fine print in Act
466, I didn't find exactly where it is covered, although I'm sure
it's there somewhere, or in subsequent legal interpretation.

Despite what the statute says or doesn't say, I don't know why such
a facility should really be exempt from local zoning regulations.
The kind of facility that Aretta is referring to is little more
than a public arcade for amusement and target practice, where the
live targets have about as much chance as a clay pigeon.  We're not
talking about stalking across the range on a safari, but instead
a relatively small, fenced in, carefully managed facility.  How this
relates to "farming" or the raising of livestock for the survival
of the human species is beyond me.

It is strictly entertainment.