E-M:/ Nader Rally in Toledo

Enviro-Mich message from afinan@umich.edu

This should be great.  Apologies for cross-postings.
Ann Finan
afinan@umich.edu

SUBJECT:  MAJOR RALPH NADER RALLY IN TOLEDO

WHO:  Ralph Nader, popular performers, community leaders, and progressive
organizations working to revitalize Toledo and the surrounding communities.

WHERE: STRANAHAN GREAT HALL, TOLEDO, OH.

WHEN:  SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15TH, 7:00PM. DOORS OPEN AT 6:00PM WITH LIVE
MUSIC.  CALL 419-474-2572 FOR MORE INFO.

COME TO THE HISTORIC NADER “PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER” SUPER RALLY

              On December 15th, Ralph Nader's "People Have The Power Tour"
arrives in Toledo for a major rally to “Revitalize the Glass City” at the
Stranahan Great Hall. This will be the sixth event of a brand new tour to
help strengthen American democracy, build a long lasting progressive
movement, and fight for global justice.  Nader, along with special guest
speakers and performers, is returning to Toledo to support:
·    The Protection of American Jobs and Local Businesses
·    Increased funding for Public Education
·    Campaigns for Health Care Reform, Worker Safety and A Living Wage
·    Environmental Protection and Renewable Energy

At this critical time in our nation's history, we need national leaders like
Ralph Nader to be a strong voice for civil liberties, global justice and
other major issues being ignored by the corporate controlled political
parties.  Please join us at Toledo’s Stranahan Great Hall on Saturday, Dec.
15, for this significant event.

WITH SUCH SHORT NOTICE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

To make this rally a huge success, we need hundreds of volunteers to lend
their time & energy to this project.

Only with your support can we pack more than 1,200 people into the
Stranahan Great Hall.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:      This operation is going full swing until the
15th.  WE NEED VOLUNTEERS ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER TASKS:

§    Flyering/Postering campuses/communities
§    Phone Banking Nader supporters from 6pm – 9pm, Sunday - Thursday
§    Media work
§    Community Outreach
§    Volunteer coordinating
§    Ticket Management
§    Creative Art Design
§    And plenty of other important work….

TICKET INFORMATION:  $10.00 Advanced; $12.00 at the Door

        1.  To purchase tickets and for more Info visit:
www.democracyrising.org

2.    To Volunteer, Purchase Tickets and for more Info you can call
419-474-2572

3.    Ticket are also Available at the following Locations:

Owens Community College
Toledo Campus
30335 Oregon Road
419-661-7000

Murphy's Place
151 Water St.  (near Summit at Jefferson Sts.)
241-7732

Law Office of Terry Lodge Esq.
316 N. Michigan Ave.
419-255-7552
(downtown Toledo)

Kim's Auto & Truck Repair
3780 Stickney
726-5467
Stickney at Expressway Drive near Manahatan Blvd.

Boogey Records
3301 West Central
419-536-5683
Central at Secor Road