E-M:/ Intermodal Facility: A Direct Question to GM

Enviro-Mich message from tobler <wtobler@tdi.net>

Considering many things that we've heard as well, Aretta, it seems
entirely possible that you may be right in wondering if GM is planning
to simply switch the location of its facility from your township to
mine.

To remind anyone who's interested, GM's proposed intermodal facility in
Milan township would have operated 24 hours a day/seven days a week,
involved 1200 semi truck trips per day/night, included an outer loop for
bumper-to-bumper semis to crawl along as they awaited their turn at
full night lighting over 450 paved acres, and paid nearly zilch in local
taxes.  Air pollution, noise pollution, light pollution, surface water
pollution, and immense traffic congestion was clearly all that area
residents would have gleaned from this monster facility - by far the
largest one of its kind in the world.

To GM, since I assume you still monitor this list, I pose the direct
question: are you or are you not planning to locate your intermodal
facility in Augusta Township?  A simple yes or no, posted to this list,
won't take much of your time.  Please reply and please be honest.

Wendy Tobler