E-M:/ Federal Office of Management and Budget raises its ugly head again

Michigan folks:

For those of you too young or suffering from fortuitous memory loss who
don't remember the "good old days" under Presidents Reagan and Bush the
Elder when those environmental experts in the Office of Management and
Budget helped set back environmental protection efforts by decades, here is
the past posing as the future. If the industry hacks who tend to populate
the OMB during this return to the dark era of "pollution? we don't got no
stinking pollution!" have their way then we can be wheezing and gasping as
we choke on contaminated waters on the way to dying from pathogens we've
ingested.  For them as don't believe history repeats itself, voila!

Anne Woiwode

-SNIP-
> NEW OMB LIST TARGETS EIGHT MAJOR EPA RULES FOR POSSIBLE ROLLBACK
> Date: January 4, 2002 -
> The White House Office of Management & Budget (OMB) has developed a
> list of "outdated or outmoded" rules, including eight major EPA rules,
> that officials say will soon be targeted for discussions with agency
> officials and could eventually be "rescinded or updated." The list was
> developed as part of a congressionally mandated report on the annual
> costs and benefits of federal regulations that was submitted to
> Congress late last year.
> The list includes: the mixture and derived from rule governing
> hazardous waste disposal; proposed changes to the Total Maximum Daily
> Load (TMDL) program governing impaired waterways; cost-benefit
> analysis for drinking water regulations; the new source review rule
> governing new air emissions controls; effluent guidelines for
> concentrated animal feeding operations; notice of substantial risk
> under toxics law and the arsenic in drinking water regulation. The
> list is available on InsideEPA.com.
-SNIP