Re: E-M:/ Best Management Practices Again

Enviro-Mich message from "Bonnie Shupe" <BONNIES@cannontwp.org>

I'm not sure you realize that some human waste is sprayed on fields, also.  In rural areas, many farmers allow septage companies to dump what they've pumped from septic tanks onto their fields.  I do know that these fields must be approved by the DEQ - they must have a permit and there are certain rules that must be followed.  And we all know that everyone always follows the rules, right?  :)
Bonnie Shupe, Cannon Township Clerk/Watershed Administrator

>>> "Pam Ortner" <ortpam@mediaone.net> 01/05 12:42 PM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Ortner" <ortpam@mediaone.net>

this is so disturbing.  here in the city we have other, as important,
pollutants to worry about, but I don't think we encounter the spraying of
liquefied feces.  I am sure you know the University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill is one of the few universities who issue a precautionary view of
such usages.

Pam