Re: E-M:/ FW: News of the Day 1/25

Enviro-Mich message from tobler <wtobler@tdi.net>

Attachments such as Jessica's 385KB file take a very long time for my
computer to download.  I use Netscape 4.7 which does not allow me to
choose whether or not to open an email before the download time has
taken place, so please don't tell me I can opt to delete an email if I
don't want to wait for it.  When someone sends an attachment, it
paralyzes my email system as it downloads *before* listing the title in
my inbox.  I cannot delete it beforehand and I cannot go on to the next
title on the list because it doesn't show up until the offensive email
with attachment is through downloading.

If attachments are allowed on this list, and if they continue to arrive
in my inbox in sizes such as this, I shall unsub.  If there is another
way to show us lengthy information, such as providing a link to it,
please use that as your first option.

Wendy