From: "Jennifer Vincent" <jvincent@farmland.org>
To: "Enviro-Mich@Great-Lakes.Net (E-mail)" <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
Subject: E-M:/ FW: News of the Day 1/25

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Love [mailto:jlove@FARMLAND.ORG]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 4:50 PM
Subject: News of the Day 1/25

The Bush Administration supports smart growth, said EPA Administrator
Christie Whitman in a press release issued today (attached and below). In a
separate release, Land Trust Alliance and the Trust for Public Land
announced that voters committed nearly $1.7 billion toward preserving open
space through local ballot measures in 2001.

The Washington Post reports on a corporate wetlands mitigation project in
West Virginia , and an article in the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat outlines a
first-ever initiative to let farmers lease public land for agricultural
purposes.

----