From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Pam Ortner
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 10:46 AM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Auto State Gives Overwhelming Support for Raising
Fuel-Economy Standards

Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Ortner" <ortpam@mediaone.net>

Jimmy Hoffa Jr. is the newly reelected president of the Teamsters, not the
UAW.  On Labor Day this year, Bush was welcomed to the Teamsters
headquarters, where a number of protestors (myself included) made our
presence known. Bush did not (and would not have been allowed to) march in
the parade.
The Teamsters are trying to get out from under a consent order that rules
election policies.  I will just bet after all the cozying up to Bush that
Jimmy is doing, it will happen.

Pam