RE: E-M:/ Auto State Gives Overwhelming Support for RaisingFuel-Economy Standards

Enviro-Mich message from Charles Griffith <charlesg@ecocenter.org>

And also just for the record, the UAW officially opposes "some" CAFE
proposals.  http://www.uaw.org/news/newsarticle.cfm?ArtId=95  They have
been pushing for a CAFE alternative that would somehow be "jobs neutral"
with respect to UAW membership.  That's pretty difficult without totally
restructuring today's CAFE, but it may be the only politically feasible
option at this point.