E-M:/ Wolf Recovery in the Upper Peninsula

Enviro-Mich message from FHTownsend@aol.com

    Genesee Audubon invites everyone to a free program entitled "Wolf
Recovery in the Upper Peninsula" to be presented by Ray Rustem of the Natural
Heritage Program of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

    WHAT:  "Wolf Recovery in the Upper Peninsula"

    WHEN:  Monday evening, February 11, 2002, at 7:30 PM

    WHERE:  The Kiva Auditorium in the University Center building at the
University of Michigan-Flint in Flint, Michigan

    ACCESS:  Take I-69 to northbound I-475 (Exit 7).  Exit at Robert T.
Longway (Exit 8).  Turn left onto Longway and left onto the southbound I-475
service drive (Caesar Chevez).  Drive three blocks.  The U of M-Flint  campus
is on your right.

    PARKING:  There is ample free parking in the Visitor/Student parking
structure at the corner of the southbound I-475 service drive (Caesar Shavez)
and Kearsley Street.  Approach the parking structure via the southbound I-475
service drive.

    The program on wolf recovery in Michigan is timely.  Public hearings to
gather input on the reclassification of wolves to threatened status under the
state Endangered Species Act are scheduled for February 12th and 14th.

    Ray Rustem is the supervisor of the Natural Heritage Unit in the Wildlife
Division of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.  The Heritage unit
is responsible for administering the Endangered species program, the Nongame
Wildlife Fund, and the Natural Areas program.

                                        Fred Townsend
                                        Vice President
                                        Genesee Audubon