E-M:/ MDEQ's Web Operations

Apparently all of the MDEQ's web sites are
being totally reorganized and all of the
MDEQ's Division websites are being folded into
the overall MDEQ site organized along topic lines,
starting March 1.  For example, all MDEQ divisions having
permit stuff will be at a single site.

Frankly, I always thought that the individual MDEQ divisions
did a better job of dealing with web communications than
the MDEQ top management office did for the MDEQ executive division
site, which was nothing to write home about.

While this is probably great for Russ Harding/centralization
and the data gods, it will probably mean everyone else will have to
wade through multiple media stuff to find something they
may want to know about a single media.  It will probably
also stifle volunteerism of individual division staff who
have carried the initiatives on web communication.  The other problem
is that some of MDEQ division web activities have been
far more advanced than others...hopefully we won't see
any of it dumbed down, but I won't hold my breath.

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com
All SPAM email received is reported to www.spamcop.net