E-M:/ Conservative environmentalists

Enviro-Mich message from "Steve Leuty" <SCLEUT@kalcounty.com>

As Carl Sagen asked, "What are conservatives conserving?"

It IS interesting how self-benefiting political wolves have succeeded by disguising themselves in the nice wool of conservative values, when, in actuality, people who really care about conserving our life-sustaining resources for present and future generations are labeled unreasonable liberals (probably due to our desperation - - in the form of court orders, protests, etc. - - to inject true conservative perspectives).

Many politicians have succeeded in openly selling anti-environment platforms because environmentally minded folks tend to in-fight over the relatively smaller details (while the wolves seek away with our wool) and we do not know how to talk to the general voter (we're learning though; for instance, recent reports highlighted how enhance fuel millage actually creates jobs). We're a high strung group (which explains how we get so much work done with so few resources)! However, with the upcoming elections, I hope we conservative environmentalists (Republicans, Democrats, and independents) will do a better job of hearing out the candidates and then unite to help the public understand how candidates' views may impact the quality of the environment that we leave for our children.

Two cents on Tuesday,
Steve Leuty
Kalamazoo

>>> Tim <timf@mac.com> 03/04/02 07:23PM >>>
... And this is from -conservative- legislators?
Sort of redefines conservative, doesn't it.

I'd say it makes conservative a synonym for lunatic.  But given the Repub's
record in Washington and Michigan over the last too many years, I guess that
redefinition of the English language goes without saying.

Tim Flynn