E-M:/ (no subject)

Enviro-Mich message from Cubbagec@aol.com

Hello Enviro-Michers:

James wrote:
When Governor Engler eliminated citizen boards to oversee the MDEQ, he said
he was doing it to improve accountability.  However, as MDEQ moves to violate
its own policy on Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEP), who exactly are
we suppose to hold accountable: the unelected Director of the MDEQ Russ
Harding, the term-limited Governor John Engler, who?

This might be a good time to begin asking those who are running what they
think about the wisdom of the current administration's acts of elimination.
What do they think about re-instituting those boards and commissions, seem
appropriate fodder for the upcoming elections.  It's time to go "back to the
future"!
 Engler got elected when I was in Seattle at a conference (EPA Household Haz
Waste Conf) and told my national friends that Mich just moved backward 30
years, and there is little to make me think I was wrong regarding the
leadership assessment I made then.
Chuck