Re: E-M:/ E-Licenses for fishing?? FW: 2002 FISHING LICENSES GO ON SALE MARC...

Enviro-Mich message from Cubbagec@aol.com

Brad,
The real issue is not a problematic link in the website, but the apparent
lack of an "up front" way for the public to know that there are fish
consumption advisories.  We may assume that everyone in Michigan should know
that these exist, but the apparent difficulty in find the information on the
Licensing web page, might lead some skeptics to believe that Michigan does is
very hesitant to help people who do NOT know about the advisories to find
them!

There are people who do not worry about the possible impacts on their lives,
and that is their right, but there are those who do care and who want and
will to make informed choices.   Funny how something that was written Sept
28, 1820 has bearing on this issue today.  "If we think the people are not
enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discertion, the
remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion" - T
Jefferson :>)  Nifty guy!  My suggestion would be that you ask the powers to
be to move the existance of fish advisories right up front so that there is
no question of govt motives.
Regards,
Chuck
(former TSCC Exec Sec)