E-M:/ Michael Moore In Detroit on Tuesday, March 12th

Enviro-Mich message from Wjkramarz@aol.com

Moore with his bestselling new book is leading the charge of the growing
number of citizens refusing to be cowed into silence by "patriots" using the
Flag as a fig leaf while promoting corporate welfare handouts and slash and
burn oil drilling on publicly-owned lands as weapons to fight the war on
terror.   Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.michaelmoore.com/";>Michael Moore
Home Page</A>    For anyone who might be interested,  here's a copy of the
press release for this event:
-----------------------------------
PRESS RELEASE

Nationwide #1 Best Selling Author Michael Moore to
Headline March 12th Detroit Peace Rally and Benefit
Concert

Michael Moore, internationally renowned filmmaker and
current number one best-selling author of the
blockbuster book, “Stupid White Men ... And Other
Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!”
(www.michaelmoore.com) will headline the Peace Rally
and Benefit Performance at Detroit’s St. Andrew’s
Hall, sponsored by the Ferndale-based Green House
Peace Project (greenhouseonline.org) and the Metro
Detroit Labor Party (www.igc.org/lpa).

Proceeds will go to the Detroit Interfaith Homeless
Mission,  The Revolutionary Association of the Women
of Afghanistan to aid those in refugee camps, and to
fund future projects.

All human life is sacred, and on March 12th we will
bring our community together so that we may work for a
more just, more humane, and more peaceful World. We
subscribe to Dr. Martin Luther King’s teaching that
“The chain reaction of evil- hate begetting hate,
wars producing more wars- must be broken or we shall
be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”

There will be several local poets, speakers and
performers, including Rick Stahlhut, who will engage
the audience with an exercise and speech in “Waking
Up- What the Government is Doing In Our Name," also
Ema Dzaka, a survivor of war from Bosnia will speak at
8 p.m., telling of her experiences.

Michael Moore will be speaking at 9 p.m., and after will
do a Book signing. Books will be available for
purchase, sponsored by independent bookseller Revolution Books Outlet
(313-833-7310).

Tickets are $10, and will be available at the door
from 5 p.m. Show starts at 5:30. Tickets also available
at Record Time in Ferndale, Cass Food Cooperative, the
Green House (SW corner of Woodward and 9 mile in Ferndale) and Herb David
Guitar Studio in Ann Arbor. St. Andrew’s
Hall is located at 431 E. Congress, Downtown Detroit.

Pre-rally March gathering at Grand Circus Park, 4:30 p.m.
(NE corner of Woodward and Adams). Procession to St.
Andrew's Hall at 5:00 p.m.!

For further information, contact Dawn Nelson at
810-231-0739 or Charles Jamieson 248-626-4975.

For Pre-Rally March info contact Matthew Evans
248-350-9757.