[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]

Re: E-M:/ Wounded turtles

Enviro-Mich message from Darren Bagley <bagleyd@msue.msu.edu>

For those who are interested, there are State and Federal licenses required 
for wildlife rehabilitators.  They are trained to appropriately treat the 
animal when possible for release back into the wild.

The  National Wildlife Rehabilitation Association's webpage is 
A list of Michigan wildlife rehabilitators is available at 
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~devo0028/contact.htm#mi  (although it is a little 
out of date)

Darren Bagley, Natural Resource Agent
MSU Extension-Genesee County
G-4215 W. Pasadena
Flint, MI 48504-2376
tel: (810) 244-8524  fax: (810) 732-1400
web site:  http://www.msue.msu.edu/genesee/natres

Michigan State University Extension programs and materials are open to all
without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age,
disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, or
family status.

ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at

Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to
majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info enviro-mich"