Re: E-M:/ seeking help on air emmission question

Enviro-Mich message from Charles Griffith <charlesg@ecocenter.org>

A gallon of gas weighs just over 6 pounds.  When burned, the carbon
in it combines with oxygen to form 19 pounds of CO2.  But, if you
count the energy that went into making and distributing the fuel, the
total global warming impact is about 28 pounds of C02/ gallon.

I don't have the emission amounts in pounds for the traditional
pollutants (CO, HC, PM), but these would much smaller (ounces).

Charles Griffith
Ecology Center

--

Charles Griffith, Auto Project Director
Ecology Center

Want to show your support for greener vehicles?
Sign the Clean Car Pledge, at: http://www.cleancarcampaign.org