Re: E-M:/ Increase Conservation Efforts

Enviro-Mich message from "Pete Pasterz" <ppasterz@pplant.msu.edu>

Michigan's own Spence Abraham, on NBC Today this morning used this Middle East observation to justify increased drilling in the US [read ANWR, given the Senate debate today/tomorrow]

>>> Chris Fries <cfries@nmu.edu> 04/09/02 01:04PM >>>
Here's another reason why we need more conservation efforts in our nation's
energy policy...

According to an article in the April 1, 2002 issue of U.S. News & World
Report in the article "A waste of energy" by Gloria Borger, she states that
"Here we are, in a war likely to expand throughout the world's
oil-producing region, and we're importing 57 percent of our oil--including
790,000 barrels a day indirectly from our buddy, Saddam Hussein."

Chris

Chris Fries
UPEC Secretary
Member Fred Waara Chapter TU
Member Whetstone Creek Watershed Council

E-Mail:  cfries@nmu.edu

Save The Rain Forest - FREE
http://rainforest.care2.com/