E-M:/ ACCESS Environmental Program

Enviro-Mich message from "Savoie, Kathryn" <KSavoie@accesscommunity.org>

The ACCESS Environmental Program has a new home. We have just moved to a
brand-new ACCESS Community Health and Research Center in East Dearborn,
which will integrate public health, research, clinical and environmental
health programs under one roof. The Environmental Program will also maintain
an office at our previous location on Saulino Court in South Dearborn.

We are excited about this new development, and look forward to continuing
our efforts to protect and improve public health and environmental quality
for the Arab American community and others in Southeast Michigan. Press
release and web-site link are below.

ACCESS Community Health & Research Center is Open for Service
Dearborn, MI, Friday May 3, 2002

The Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) is
delighted to announce the opening of our new state-of-the-art comprehensive
medical center located at 6450 Maple Rd. This 24,000 square-foot facility
has two levels and houses a full service clinic combining the resources of
ACCESS, Wayne County, and Detroit Medical Center (DMC).  This clinic has
been designated a Primary Care Level 4 facility according to World Health
Organization standards.

The ground floor of the building will house the ACCESS Clinic, including
three doctor's offices, nine examination rooms, a laboratory, conventional
x-ray, ultrasound, mammography, triage and pharmacy.  In addition to these
primary care services, in-house specialty referrals including cardiology,
obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, endocrinology, dermatology,
neurology, ophthalmology, allergy medicine, and minor outpatient surgery
will be provided.  Three public health program administrative offices
complete the ground floor: Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program, Teen
Health, and Diabetes.

The second floor will house 17 public health program offices, a reference
library, resource room, four seminar rooms, and an HIV/AIDS counseling room.
This area will be utilized by mental health professionals, preventionists,
therapists, the Victims of Torture Center, and will also house the academic
affiliations of ACCESS.

Visit http://www.accesscommunity.org <http://www.accesscommunity.org>  to
see a photo of the new center.

Kathryn Savoie, Ph.D.