Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 7:07 AM
Subject: RE: E-M:/ Sierra Club presents "Preserving Michigan" by Dave Dempsey

I might have missed some discussions of this on the list as I’ve been away for awhile, but I am sorely disappointed that the LCV would not invite other announced candidates from other minor parties to this event. Failure to include legitimate candidates in all public forums smacks of the kind of anti-democratic policy that has lead to current political quagmire. Ignoring other parties and candidates narrows the marketplace of ideas. I urge LCV and others to open the process back up again – we’ve been fighting the two-party hegemony for too long. Remember that many of the progressive ideas that are part of American life were given birth in minor parties incluiding social security, 40 hour work week…etc.

Terry Link

Laingsburg