Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club presents "Preserving Michigan" by Dave Dempseyon May 21, 7:30pm

Enviro-Mich message from Anne Heise <aheise@wccnet.org>

Karen,

In the idea world, no events ever conflict.  However, I imagine it was not
practically possible for the Brighton gubernatorial debate to be scheduled
to avoid our long-scheduled and widely-publicized Sierra Club event at the
Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor featuring Dave Dempsey.  Both
events are a go for tonight, Tuesday May 21.

I think we're fortunate that there are so many attractive alternatives for
learning more about how our state government can get back in the game of
actually protecting our environment in the manner we deserve.  It's a
coincidence that dual events are scheduled for tonight.  However, this is
a sign of a good trend.  More and more of us are so alarmed by the
disaster that is state government that we are organizing events that
highlight our chance to change direction.

Doug Cowherd
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group