E-M:/ non-point source pollution

Enviro-Mich message from "Maryann Whitman" <maryannwhitman2@hotmail.com>

This from the NRC today: 29 million gallons petroleum enters the oceans each
year from various human activity -- small, non-point sources of pollution.
Two-stroke engines (jet skis, small motor boats, jets dumping fuel over
water) are among the biggest culprits.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'petroleum' is the refined stuff--right?  Not
to dimish the impact of this sort of pollution, somehow I would have thought
the number would be larger.

The NRC report is available at: http://www.nap.edu