From: Department of Natural Resources publications list
[mailto:DNRWIRE@LISTSERV.MICHIGAN.GOV]On Behalf Of Julee Hasbany
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 3:16 PM
To: DNRWIRE@LISTSERV.MICHIGAN.GOV
Subject: International RV Club lauds McLain State Park

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, 28 May 02
CONTACT:  Mike Halt, 906-482-0278

The world's largest recreational vehicle owners association recently
presented its top honor to McLain State Park in Houghton County,
announcing that McLain tied for first place with a Florida State Park in
Florida as the most "RVfriendly" campground in the United States.
        The Good Sam Club, with more than a million members nationwide,
annually presents the "Welcome Mat Award," to recognize businesses that
make a special effort to accommodate RV's and offer good service to the
growing number of RV users. All club members were eligible to vote for
the winning businesses that go out of their way to recognize the needs
of recreational vehicle users.
        McLain State Park is located in the Upper Peninsula, on the west
side of the Keweenaw Peninsula and north of the Houghton/Hancock area.
The Good Sam Club parent organization in
Pomona, CA., said the award will mean extensive publicity for McLain
State Park in Good Sam publications, at club events, on the club's
website, http://www.goodsamclub.com , and at the annual club convention,
June 27 in California.
"It is certainly high praise to win this award," said Mike Halt, McLain
State Park manager. "We do work very hard to accommodate all campers,
including those who travel in RV's, so it is gratifying that the extra
effort we expend has been recognized in such a meaningful way.
"We serve a large number of RV users who belong to the Good Sam Club,
and we did not know we were in the running for this award until it was
announced," Halt added. "That so many of the Good Sam Club members who
have visited McLain chose to nominate and overwhelmingly support our
park winning this wonderful award is testament to the service we provide
and the positive atmosphere we strive to maintain."
        The Good Sam Club also presented awards to select services and
sites, including the best golf course, restaurants and tourist
destinations.

###

To remove your name from this e-mail list, send an e-mail
message from your own e-mail address to listserv@listserv.michigan.gov
with this in the body of
your message:
signoff dnrwire
To get back on the list, send an e-mail message from your
own e-mail address to listserv@listserv.michigan.gov
with this in the body of your message:
subscribe dnrwire your name (Use an alias, if you prefer.)
There's also an electronic form on the State of Michigan
home page at

http://www.state.mi.us/listserv/subscribe.html