-----Original Message-----
From: Rita Jack [mailto:rita.jack@prodigy.net]
Sent
: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 9:24 PM
To: 'enviro-mich@great-lakes.net'

“Our Vanishing Lake Michigan Sand Dunes” FORUM AND UPDATE

Sponsored by the Lake Michigan Federation, Sierra Club, WMEAC, Preserve the Dunes, and Community Leadership Institute at Aquinas College

Monday, June 10, 2002

6:30 - Displays • 7:00 – Program

The event will be held in the Lacks Room at Aquinas College (Jarecki Center) in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Enter off Woodward Lane, just north of Robinson Rd.

Our Great Lakes dunes. . .

• Comprise the most extensive freshwater dune system in the world

• Are considered to be one of the “Seven Wonders of the World”

• Are irreplaceable, fragile, and once gone. . . gone forever!

“It is for these reasons that Michigan citizens want to see better legislation to protect our state’s heritage.”

Please contact one of the following for more information:

Lake Michigan Federation (days):  (616) 850-0745

West Michigan Environmental Action Council (days) (616) 451-3051

Sierra Club – call Craig Ressler (evenings) (616) 891-9330

Note:  Non-profit environmental advocacy groups are invited to have display tables at the event.  For more information, please contact Rita Jack at rita.jack@prodigy.net or call 517-484-2372 and leave a message, or contact Craig Ressler at craig_ressler@yahoo.com .  Space is limited, so please respond ASAP.