E-M:/ Pesticide/mosquito District in Lapeer County

Bounced message....please reply to "Marion Listwak" <listwak@usol.com>

From: "Marion Listwak" <listwak@usol.com>
To: <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
Subject: pesticide use
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:16:16 -0400

Hi,

     I am hoping you can direct me.  I live in Lapeer County.  I am an =
active member of the Flint River Watershed Coalition, The Siera Club and =
our local Farmland Preservation Program.  For the last year or more the =
Michigan Mosquito Association has been lobbying our local politician.  =
They want to push an annual 1.4 Million dollar contract through.  In =
this area we have a fast growing group of organic farmers.  =
Unfortunately the control program uses a lot of broad spectrum =
pesticides/adulticides.  We have short notice to educate the =
constituents.  The MMA has been practicing and pushing their program for =
15+ years.  We have less than two months.  Dr. Sodostrum will be giving =
a presentation on the broad spectrum pesticides, which I hope will help =
although I would like other experts that deal with amphibians, fish, =
entomologists who have knowledge of these pesticides and there impact on =
us and our environment.  If you have any contacts, ideas or names that =
could help us in our efforts to educate and inform I would appreciate =
it.

Thanks

Marian Listwak

listwak@usol.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com