RE: E-M:/ BONIOR TO EPA: FINISH DIOXIN REPORT

Enviro-Mich message from Tanya Cabala <tcabala@lakemichigan.org>

Just a quick note after reading the Bonior/dioxin postings.

Not all politicians are going to know as much about environmental issues as
environmental organizations -- I am sure most of you have found that in your
work.  Politicians have a broad array of issues to be up to speed on and
while we would love for them to be experts on our topic, that doesn't
usually happen.  Certainly it is disturbing when an issue is accidentally
misrepresented like this, but in my opinion it is minor.  Of course, do let
Bonior's campaign team know about the mistake and offer ways to improve
their knowledge of that issue and others, but don't use it to decide whether
or not to endorse or vote for him.

I'd hope we could look at intentions and action when considering candidates.
I also hope that the governor candidates that have good environmental
records and vision will not be defeated at the election because we
perpetuate a continual debate that could damage them all.

Tanya Cabala
Lake Michigan Federation