Re: E-M:/ White Lake - Cleanup nearly ready to start

Enviro-Mich message from "Michael Bitondo" <bitondom@michigan.gov>

You can see purple ant hills (or at least you used to be able to see
them) at the Ott-Story-Cordova Superfund Site in North Muskegon.

Mike Bitondo, 517-335-3303, bitondom@michigan.gov
SWQD-DEQ, P.O. Box 30273, Lansing MI 48909-7773

>>> <HAMILTREEF@aol.com> 06/20/02 11:50AM >>>
Whitehall Leather Co (Genesco), White Lake, Muskegon County

It has been one difficult step at a time for a decade, but we will
actually
see onsite work begin next week.  T. Hamilton

Scientist Marc Tuchman helped with an EPA survey in 1992 that later led
Tannery Bay's designation as an "Area of Concern" by the federal
government.
"I'd seen mud all over the Great Lakes," said Tuchman. "I'd never seen
purple
mud before."

Cleanup nearly ready to start
http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicle/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.x