Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club v. River Ridge Farms

Enviro-Mich message from John Rebers <jrebers@nmu.edu>

At 10:35 AM 6/20/2002 -0400, Kenneth Vermeulen wrote:
>While I fear that attempting to set the record straight and asking for
>honesty rather than biased propaganda may be a waste of my time, the
>Sierra Club's latest postings again demand a response.
>First.  Absolutely NO "improvements" are being made to either the River
>Ridge nor White Acres facilities as a result of the Sierra Club's
>suit.  All of the improvements at River Ridge were completed many months
>ago as a direct result of Mr. Hanenburg's efforts to become MAEAP
>certified, and the enforcement actions brought by MDEQ and EPA.  The
>improvements at White Acres are the result of negotiations with U.S. EPA
>that were completed last January, several months before Sierra Club ever
>mentioned White Acres in connection with this suit.

Most Enviro-Mich readers have probably already figured this out -

However, since Mr. Vermeulen chooses not to identify himself in his
postings, I thought it worth mentioning that he is an attorney for River
Ridge Farms, according to an article posted at
http://www.hollandsentinel.com/stories/073001/loc_0730010005.shtml

Judge for yourself what source is likely to provide honesty or bias.

John Rebers