Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club v. River Ridge Farms

Enviro-Mich message from Darryl Braun <darrylrich@yahoo.com>

Mr. Vermeulen wrote:

> John, I apologize for not identifying myself (I
> assumed that those who
> would be interested already knew)

Way to win support for your position, buddy. That is
either one of the most arrogant statements ever
uttered, or merely the product of a condescending
attempt to spin doctor a slime-ball effort to put one
over on those you whose "sympathies" you court, but
whom you view as the great unwashed.

I am proud to acknowledge myself as one of those you
apparently deem worthy only of condescension. I am not
a professional enviro, nor do I read about every, or
even a great deal of issues pertaining to
environmental controversy. However, I do profess to
having profound concerns about the environment, which
is why I am a member of this listserve. And I try to
become educated as much as possible with respect to
the issues, but there is only so much time.

Well, sir...I admit that your posting which ignited
this "omission" controversy served as my initiation
into this particular issue. And I did NOT know, until
the Sierra Club reply acknowledged your rather
significant omission, that you were serving as counsel
for River Ridge Farms. I resent your condescension,
and I am indignant with both your obviously calculated
attempt to "put one over" on we who are "ignorant"
(and therefore, apparently unimportant), and your far
less than sincere apology for the effort.

Darryl Braun

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/stories/073001/loc_0730010005.shtml