E-M:/ Hamtramck- Env. Health Fair and Mercury Thermometer Exchange

Hamtramck City Councilman Rob Cedar presents :HEALTHY HAMTRAMCK
Env. Health Fair and Mercury Thermometer Exchange

Wednesday- July 10, 2002 6:30 till 8:30 PM
Everybody is welcome

We deserve a community with clean rat free alleys, safe homes and healthy air. Learn what we you can do to protect your family and community, and what we should expect from our governing officials. This is an opportunity to ask questions and get answers.

MERCURY THERMOMETER EXCHANGE
Turn in your mercury thermometer and get a free non-mercury digital thermometer

CLEAN RAT FREE ALLEYS AND LOTS The City Council says that the City Wide Cleanup should be a high priority yet the administration says we can't afford to finish the job. So what's next?

CLEAN HEALTHY AIR As an urban industrial community our air is often not healthy but just how bad is it? What can we do to stop the pollution and protect our families? Learn how to report air pollution and foul odors.

SAFE HEALTHY HOME From lead paint to lead pipes we need millions of dollars to rid our homes of lead dangers. Who's working to find the money? Meanwhile, there are other often worse poisons in our basements, kitchens and bathrooms. Did you know that there is enough poison in one mercury thermometer to contaminate a twenty-acre lake?

Bring the whole family -- Organized children activities planned

EXPERTS FROM THESE ORGANIZATIONS WILL BE ON HAND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
American Lung Association of Michigan
Sierra Club
Ecology Center
National Wildlife Federation
Southwest Detroit Environmental Vision
Preserve our Parks
ACCESS
Detroit Agricultural Network
Hamtramck Beautification Commission
Historical Commission
Block Club Association
Wayne County Health Dept.
HEAT
Peoples Community Services Building
Wednesday, July 10, 2002 6:30 till 8:30 PM
8625 Jos Campau - corner of Danforth and Jos. Campau

For more information call Councilman Rob Cedar at HEAT 313-365-4722