Re: E-M:/ Fw: MPSC-Press-Release: July 12, 2002 - MPSC Commends U.S. Senate for Passing the Yucca Mountain Resolution

Enviro-Mich message from Isaac Elnecave <isaacmec@voyager.net>

One assertion made by opponents of Yucca Mountain that the Michigan Public
Service Commission did not address is the fact that opening Yucca Mountain will
not get nuclear wastes out of Michigan and away from the Great Lakes.

Until that happens, Yucca Mountain is, in fact, a $440 million ineffectual
band-aid.
Senator Stabenow, should, in fact, be commended for not buying the Yucca Mountain
and actually pressing for a solution that will protect the Great Lakes.

Isaac Elnecave