E-M:/ Explore Botanical Gardens with the Sierra Club

Enviro-Mich message from Anne Heise <aheise@wccnet.org>

Friends,

Every July, the Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites the public to
participate in a midsummer night's tour of the Matthei Botanical Gardens
grounds.  This year we'll have three expert-guided tours.  You can enjoy
learning about "Fleming Creek Critters," "What's Ailing Our Trees?," or
"Plants We Use Every Day - A Tour of the Indoor Conservatory."

We hope you can join us on Tuesday, July 16 for this year's walk.  We'll
convene inside the Botanical Gardens building at 7:30 pm.  You're also
invited to join us for a potluck supper beginning at 6:30 pm; to
participate, please bring a dish to share, eating utensils, and a cup.

The Botanical Gardens tour will be followed by our social hour, which
features refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who
share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You
can also learn about Sierra Club activities including hikes, service
projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help
stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and
other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have
EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group offers a monthly public event on the
third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens,
located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east
of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  These events are free and open to the
public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be
interested.  I hope to see you at Tuesday's event.

Doug Cowherd
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

HVG Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro