E-M:/ Lake Superior Alliance Annual Meeting

Enviro-Mich message from "Bob Olsgard" <bolsgard@spacestar.net>

Lake Superior Alliance members and friends,

We are sending you our invitation to join us as we gather to
chart a course for a better future for the broadest expanse
of water under the skies of earth.

For more information about the meeting, complete with
pictures of the Pukaswa National Park site where we'll be
gathering visit our web site at:
http://www.superioralliance.org

YOU'RE INVITED
Lake Superior Alliance Annual Meeting;
August 16-18 2002, Pukaswa National Park, Canada

*********

Join others who share your concerns about Lake Superior at
one of Lake Superiors most beautiful places; Canada's
Pukaswa National Park, for the Lake Superior Alliance Annual
General Meeting.    Be a part of Lake Superior's sustainable
future.

    Lake Superior Alliance
    Annual General Meeting
 August 16-18 2002, Pukaswa National Park, Canada

Agenda:
Friday 16 August
4:00-9:00PM

Arrive at Hattie Cove Campground Dinner; on your own
LSA Camp Fire hosted by Flintsteel Restoration Association

Saturday 17 August
Plenary Session; Conference Room; Best Western Motel,
Marathon, Ontario
8:30        Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00        Welcome and Introductions; Bob Olsgard, Dave
Anderson
9:15        First Nations
10:00       Lake Superior Alliance action plan for a
sustainable Lake Superior
            Shoreland Protection; Dave Anderson, Mining;
Jane Reyer, Energy; Bob Olsgard
10:30        Power Export from Lake Superior; Jane Reyer
                Translake Utilities, emerging issues; Jen
Nalbone
                Forest Initiatives; Julian Holenstein, Mike
Gardner
                Local issues; Cloud Bay, sustainability
12:00        Travel to Hattie Cove Campground (weather
permitting) for lunch and afternoon sessions
12:30        Lunch outdoors; Hattie Cove Campground
1:30           Pukaswa National Park welcome, history,
ecology; Pukaswa staff
2:30        Keynote presentation;  Electrifying the body
politic; Green Power for Lake Superior; Kevin Best,
Greentags Ontario
3:30        Time to enjoy the park
6:00         Dinner, TBA
9:00        Camp Fire, talking circle

Sunday 18 August
Lake Superior Alliance Annual business meeting
    Hattie Cove Campground
    8:30    Registration, continental breakfast
    9:00    Welcome and introductions
    9:15     Tributes
    9:30     Year-end report for 2001, Bob Olsgard,
Coordinator
    10:00    Board elections
    10:30    Break
    10:45    Issues from the floor
                Priority Action Plans; Bob Olsgard and Board
                            Energy efficiency
                            Shoreland Protection
12:00    Adjourn

REGISTRATION:

All Lake Superior Alliance meetings are free to members and
open to the public.  We ask a donation from non-members to
cover costs.  Please register by Monday August 6.

****************

ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION
I plan to attend:
8/16__________    8/17_________    8/18_________
Name:_______________________________________Number to attend
meeting_______
Address:____________________________________________________
_______________
City:_________________________Prov/State________Postal/Zip__
__________________
Phone:_______________________Email:_________________________
_______________

Enclosed is my tax-deductible contribution:
$15  Basic      $25 Patron      $50 Superior     $100
Sustaining     $______Guardian

Please make your check payable to Lake Superior Alliance and
send to:
Lake Superior Alliance
PO Box 472
Spooner, WI 54801

******************

The Lake Superior Alliance is a 501C(3) nonprofit
organization and all contributions are tax deductible in the
United States to the full extent of the law. To receive a
tax deduction for your Canadian contribution, please contact
us for further information.
Phone: 888/281-1735
Email: info@superioralliance.org
Web: www.superioralliance.org

*****************

DIRECTIONS TO SITE:
Pukaskwa is located near the town of Marathon, in northern
Ontario, Canada. The only road access to Pukaskwa is at the
north end, near Hattie Cove. To reach the park, follow
Highway 17 (Trans Canada Highway) to the Highway 627 turnoff
(10 km east of Marathon). Follow Highway 627 for about 15
km, until you reach Pukaskwa National Park.  Parks Canada
web site map:
http://www.parcscanada.gc.ca/parks/ontario/pukaskwa/english/
Getthere2_e.htm

ACCOMMODATIONS:
Hattie Cove Campground; Pukaswa National Park
Fees (Canadian dollars):
non-electrified camp site:  $22.00
electrified camp site:      $18.00
Firewood:                   $5.00
Telephone: (807) 229-0801
 E-mail:ont_pukaskwa@pch.gc.ca

Best Western Airport/Motor Inn .
Rates: $70 - $100 CAD
Address: Highway 17  Marathon  ON  P0T 2E0
Tel: 807 229-1213

Bob Olsgard, Coordinator
Lake Superior Alliance
PO Box 472